It’s a Retirement Party! It’s the Pals Blog Hop! It’s the Pals Retirement Party Blog Hop! Today the Stampin’ Pretty Pals are sharing some fabulous cards and projects showcasing our favorite retiring products! You’ve probably hopped over from Laurie Mercer at My Stampin’ Blog, I’m stop number 8 on the Pals Hop and I’m glad you hopped in! I’ll help you “hop along” from blog to blog where you’ll find great ideas for retiring Stampin’ Up! products from the Stampin’ Pretty Pals! Should you hop off course, simply click on any of the links in the Pals Hop Line-up below and you’ll be back on track!!
A few hops ago, I shared this beautiful flower cone. Well, I’ve made a few updates, and added to the display, part of which will be sent to a coworker who is recovering from Cancer.
You’ll notice that the flower cone is smaller. Well, I went out and got a styrofoam cone, covered it with Gold Waffle Paper (retiring), then added the Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding (retiring). After removing the flowers from the original cone, I rearranged them and stuck the brads into the foam (using a little Tombow Multi adhesive to make sure they stay). I think the new cone is even more stunning as it’s choc full of the diecut flowers (from the Occasions Mini) – there’s not much room for more!
The vase of flowers is also full of retiring products – some 2010-12 In Colors, Basic Gray striped grosgrain ribbon, Cheerful Treat DSP and Just Add Cake DSP. The flowers are really easy to make – be looking for an upcoming video tutorial!
The last piece to the ensemble is the greeting card. I resurrected the Strength & Hope stamp set from the 2011 Summer Mini, some more 2010-12 In Color cardstock, and more of the Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding. I sponged on the Blushing Bride cutout with Rich Razzleberry (matches the flowers from the kit), and then added in a few more diecut flowers to tie the card to the cone.
Now hop along for more inspiring ideas from Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti, stop number 9 on the Pals Retirement Party Blog Hop! Thanks for “hopping” by!
- Angie Blake at Angie’s Musings
- Mary Fish at Stampin Pretty
- Kim Luithle at Kim’s Stampin
- Jennifer Takacs at My Stampin’ Blog
- Leslie Davis at Ellalicious Elements
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Laurie Mercer at My Stampin’ Blog
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Kylie Nicolosi at Kylie’s Crafty Corner
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Max Conrad at Stamp to the MAX
- Mikki Sarkisyan at Mikki’s Creative Corner
- Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
- Shannon Jaramillo at EZPeasyCards
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Scrap with Susan
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin’ Space
- Barb Furlong at The Love of Stamping
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn