Welcome to the January PALS HOP! This month, we’re featuring Valentine’s themed projects for your inspiration! If you’ve hopped over from Melissa Ordelheide at Natural Stampin’, I’m stop number 7 on the PALS HOP and I’m glad you hopped in! I’ll help you “hop along” from blog to blog where you’ll find great ideas for papercrafted creations from the Stampin’ Pretty Pals! Should you hop off course, simply click on any of the links in the PALS HOP LINE-UP below and you’ll be back on track!
My project was not only a card, but a coordinating 3-D project. There’s soooooooo much to this project, I don’t know where to begin! That’s not to say that it was hard to do, but there are a lot of really cool features I’d like to highlight…
- The Presto Patterns Specialty DSP is REALLY COOL! Since this paper comes white, with just clear embossed patterns, you can use any color you want to make the embossed pattern show up. (It’s like having pre-made emboss resist.) The other cool thing is you can use more or less ink to make the shading you’re looking for.
- DID YOU KNOW? The smallest heart in the Heart to Heart punch is JUST the right size for cutting a background for the heart shaped bitty button? Use Tombow Multipurpose glue to adhere the paper to the button. It’s milky-white at first, but, when dry it’s clear!
- By far the coolest thing on this project are the chipboard letters attached to the papier mache “L”. The simple story here is: ink the chipboard with your base ink color (I used Cherry Cobbler classic ink), then use your 2-way glue pen to cover the surface of the element. Glitter… In this case, I used a combo of the cosmo red, pink and the new Champagne Glass Glitter. Then, and here’s the WOW part – I covered the whole letter with a thick coat of Crystal Effects. It was so thick, I left it to dry overnight, but it was soooo worth it!!!
Tomorrow, I’ll share the recipe for the card, and Thursday, the recipe for the decor item.
Hop along for more inspiring ideas from Stephanie Uzee at Stampin’ With Suzee, stop number 8 on the January PALS HOP! Thanks for “hopping” by!
1. Mike Funke — http://stampin-style.typepad.com
2. Mary Fish — http://stampinpretty.com
3. Kylie Nicolosi — http://www.kyliescraftycorner.blogspot.com
4. Martha Stewart — http://www.SeasonsOfStamping.com
5. Joanna Munster — http://www.inspiredbystampin.com
6. Melissa Ordelheide — http://www.naturalstampin.com
7. Nicole Watt — http://www.pmretreat.com
8. Stephanie Uzee — http://stampinwithsuzee.blogspot.com
9. Joan Norris – http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/clearlycreative/blog
10. Carla Bazhenow — http://www.Carlas-Scraps.com
11. Melanie Collins – http://www.oopsadaisy.typepad.com
12. Dawn Gross — http://dawnsthisnthat.blogspot.com
13. Nina Dee — http://www.deesignsbyninadee.blogspot.com
14. Ann Schach — http://www.stampinchic.com
15. Sue Bendinsky – http://www.mycolorcreations.com
16. Gina Shaw — http://www.cardsbyginashaw.com
17. Barbara Chatzkel — http://www.takeoutpaperarts.com
18. Angela Richwine – http://www.stampinawaywithangela.blogspot.com